Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lead me

Yesterday at work, a guy I work with mentioned his girlfriend was out of town. Then later, when it was time to go home, he said how he was in a rush because he had a date- obviously not with his girlfriend. How sad is it that this is the state of the "man" of the day. This reminded me of a call to action to the guys in a meeting I was at Sunday. The meeting was for leaders of small groups for my age group. A guy there noticed that there were more female leaders than male. While this is great for women leading women, in general it is not to good. Guys were meant to be leaders at home, at work, at church,in the family, in the government and we ladies should be there to support and encourage. Now I am not saying they are always right but we should be there to back them up always break them down. And in return they honor us with chivalry rather it be opening doors, taking out trash, listening to girlfriends or wives carrying up groceries or picking up chairs after a meeting. I really think if we as society got back to this basic and biblical principal we would see divorce rates go down and happier marriages maybe even some more "Camelot" years. Check out the song "Lead me" by Sanctus Real. It's maybe my new favorite.

Just my thoughts.

K10

No comments:

Post a Comment